Saturday, July 20, 2013

The HideyHo Project...


   Okay, so for anyone interested in the HideyHo Project, the "getting on the road of my old 1965 Shasta Compact travel trailer", here's what's happening so far. The outside of the camper is yet to come, but I have brand new rims and tires all ready to put on after Jamie greases up the wheel bearings. 

   My easy-peasy, cheap as dirt awning turned out very well. I bought a decent quality 8x10 white tarp, cut the 10' end to make it more 8x8, enclosed (sewed) an old piece of clothes line rope like a piping onto the trailer side, and coated it with silicone to seal the seams. Then I slid it through the awning rail slick as you please, and used three good telescoping tent poles I already had to complete the awning. The ends of the awning have a length of rope left long on each side which can be attached to an extra guy line to anchor it down in windy conditions. Pretty nice!

Following are some photos of the inside. I love it! It's very cozy looking, and feeling.

the Bedroom - I've used my Summer Solstice lightweight quilt - perfect coloring.

the Living/Dining Room

overhead shelves with various non-tip-over baskets for storage

I hope you didn't fail to notice my totally cool new pillows I made, including the Duluth, with fold-over flap and silver western buttons! I adore the floral fabric of the one pillow. That is my signature fabric for the project.
new frig.

the Kitchen




my new appliances

various storage hooks and shelves
brand new Luggable Loo in the "bathroom/closet"!







cupboard and new pot holders
Tim's old shelf he made fit perfectly where the stove and heater used to be.
storage over frig.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice job on the awning! I too love the fabric you chose to base the decor around:) The pillows are fabulous, and I love the red handles in the kitchen. Looks like a place I could use in my back yard....to hide from these Barker's once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I am in love with that quilt! I love how modern looking it is; but still that nice country feel of a handmade quilt! This facelift looks great! I love that fabric for the pillow and small curtain, too! How exciting to have this project completed! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know! I LOVE Summer Solstice! It's one of my all time favorite quilts. And I have also loved the bamboo batting for warmer weather. It gives comfort without ever feeling too hot.

      I think the facelift looks great too. Can't wait to show what I'm doing with the exterior! ~

      Delete
  3. Looks great. What sorts of adventures do you have planned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! My first great adventure is to just get it to somewhere and be able to park it!

      My first outing will probably be to Hills Creek State Park out near Wellsboro, one of my favorite state parks.

      Delete