Saturday, December 29, 2012

"JBird Frenzy"


So, here we go with Josie's 3 year old quilt, "JBird Frenzy". 
I had a chance when visiting at Thanksgiving to pick Abbie's brain concerning colors and patterns. JBird Frenzy will be based on the quilt at the right. I'll probably use the same basic pattern, which is a combination of various sized blocks put together somewhat irregularly. It makes for a very interesting look. 
The color scheme is bright, clear colors. I have exchanged the two blacks with a dark navy and one other darker blue print with some kind of strange buds on it. It's a gorgeous print. 
The colors I have kept exactly the same, meaning I bought the exact brand and colors, is the chartreuse green and the orange solid. 
I really like the aqua-ish print (bottom of the pile) and the block green (next up) that will make up the blue and green blocks. 
The last change I made is to exchange the three red shades with bright, watermelon-y pink shades. In place of the red gingham block will be the JBird print.
Of course there is also the white fabric which is not shown in my fabric pile.
I have laundered all the fabrics, made up all the templates, and am ready to start cutting.
Can't wait to get going!

2 comments:

  1. I AM SO EXCITED!! Josie is going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it! That is 100% her!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me neither! It's going to be such a happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete