Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mother Earth News Fair!


In the past two days my daughter and my husband have both asked me questions about the same thing. Sara asked me yesterday how far away Seven Springs, PA was, and today Gary asked me if I thought I could find us a campground near Seven Springs, PA! I thought, what is up?

Of course, I knew exactly what both of them were talking about; the annual Mother Earth east coast fair. They apparently hadn't been talking. They just both brought it up at the same time. So I decided, I think it's a sign! That we are supposed to go this year. That's the only valid conclusion to be made.

I have been a Mother Earth News reader since way back when it was primarily a "hippie" magazine. I used to devour every word. It's much more mainstream now, but still a great publication with tons of great info on living simply, sustainably, and responsibly on our soil.

The west coast fair is held every year in Puyallup, Washington, (pronounced by me "pulley-up"!) and I would love to go to a place with that kind of name, but it is a very big blessing that the huge east coast fair is right in our own state.

I have not seen the schedule for September yet, but the Puyallup schedule looked great, and the east coast fair is somewhat bigger than the west coast one.

Needless to say, I got right on the internet and have already found us a state park only 15 minutes away. We'll see if Sara and Gary are deadly serious or just talking.

A further pull for me is that one of the keynote speakers at Seven Springs is going to be none other than Temple Grandin herself! She'll be speaking on animal behavior and how to interpret it to handle our animals as humanely as possible.

Pretty exciting stuff for us on our little budding farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment